Any reference in these conditions to “we” or “us” is a reference to the Northampton Removal & Logistics Ltd. Any reference in these conditions to “you” is a reference to the Customer.
OUR QUOTATION IS FOR A FIXED PRICE
We may change the quotation if:
1. You do not accept it within 28 days
2. Extra goods are removed to which these conditions apply
3. We have to collect or deliver above a second floor unless we have agreed to do so in writing) We supply extra services at your request
e) The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for easy delivery; or the road or approach is unsuitable for our vehicles – UNLESS you told us in writing of these problems before we prepared the quotation.
In all of these circumstances you agree to pay the extra charges.
WORK NOT INCLUDED IN THE QUOTATION
Unless agreed in writing we will not;
1. Pack small items (including china, table lamps, small pictures, stereos, and DVD players) unless pre arranged
2. Take down or assemble unit furniture, fitments or fixtures
3. Disconnect or reconnect appliances and fittings including washing machines
4. Dismantle personal computers or TV systems
5. Lay fitted floor coverings
6. Move loaded deep freezers
7. Move night storage heaters 8. Move items from or to a loft, unless properly floored
9. Carry out work involving ladders or scaffolding
10. Arrange outside plants – potted plants will be positioned in a central area
If any employee of Northampton Removal & Logistics does any such work at your request without our written agreement, we will not be liable for any loss or damage.
1. Parking must be arranged by the customer, any parking fines incurred during the job will be added to the final bill. A surcharge may be levied if our staff are not able to park within 75 meters of the entrance to either the collection or drop off property.
2. Congestion charges and/or toll road charges will be added to the final bill.
3. We will endeavor to arrive at each job at the agreed time however circumstances out of our control may cause delays and we do not offer discounts for lateness.
4. It is the clients’ responsibility to be at the property or have a representative at the property throughout the moving process as we will not be responsible for the property if it is left unattended
5. It is the clients’ responsibility to measure larger items of furniture and to make sure they will fit through doorways and stairways.Northampton Removal & Logistics will not be liable for any damage to walls, doors, banisters or furniture if we are asked to attempt to move furniture where there is not adequate space.
6. Northampton Removal & Logistics will not be liable for any damage caused if we are asked to assist you with the dismantling and re-assembly of items of household furniture.
7. Northampton Removal & Logistics will not be responsible for any breakages as a result of either inadequate packing by the client or a third party or the use of inadequte packing materials by the client or a third party.
8. Any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods must be noted at the time of delivery. We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property after the job is complete and our staff has left the property.
9. Northampton Removal & Logistics reserve the right to refuse or cease a job at any point if any member of staff is abused – verbally or otherwise.
10. Each van load is covered for loss and damage up to £50,000 to the clients’ belongings during transit where goods are loaded and unloaded by our staff.
The client will be liable for 50% of any claim if he/she chose the option of one Man and Van where the job requires more than one person . no claims will be considered from customers who decide to load and unload their belongings on our vans themselves without our help. Unless they can prove that the damage was done as a result of our negligence. We will only consider claims from customers after full payment for the job is received.
11. Whilst we will endeavour to undertake jobs in all weather conditions, we will not be held responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation or postponement due to conditions that are deemed to be dangerous to our staff.
12. We allow up to an hour waiting time during each move (waiting for estate agent/letting agent/inventory clerk to release keys or previous occupiers to move out etc), after this period, we reserve the right to charge an additional £15 per hour or part hour, per man.
13. Excluded Property
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed: –
1. Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind.
2. Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
3. Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
4. Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
5. Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
6. Cars, boats and caravans.
7. Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or any kind of explosives.
Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss or damage except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our employees or agents and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose of (without notice) any such goods which are listed under paragraphs 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 13
Terms And Conditions